Firm58 is looking for a bright, driven individual to be a part of our Operations team. The ideal candidate should have experience and daily hands-on work in Linux server (RedHat, Centos and Debian) and desktop environments dealing with Java developers, Oracle WebLogic and Oracle Databases. The candidate should have experience building, monitoring, and maintaining complex environments with networks, fiber channel, SAN and database technologies. To be successful, the candidate must be highly self-motivating, excel at multitasking and feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
Here is an example of what you would have worked on last month:
- Building a server from the ground up, including connection to a centralized authentication system, shared file system, and a maybe a SAN.
- Altered security settings (firewall / selinux) to meet a specific request.
- Created a script to automate a repetitive task
- Reviewed system monitoring tools to ensure proper server performance and potentially identified an area for improvement.
- Opened, worked on, closed and commented on tasks in an issue tracking system.
- Worked to resolve complex issues related to server performance or trouble issues.
- Assist in designing, implementing and supporting a 24/7 Linux server environment.
- Work with software engineers, Oracle DBA’s and customer service personnel to resolve issues and keep our environments operating smoothly.
- Linux deployment, administration, performance tuning, monitoring and account management.
- Backup/Restore and Disaster Recovery management.
- Troubleshoot O/S, Application, Network and Performance issues
- Process, monitor and prioritize trouble tickets.
- Automate any and all tasks that can be automated.
- In-house and off-site Datacenter management.
- Work with clients and vendors to support our custom application with data loading, system migrations, authentication issues and connectivity trouble.
- Support other key initiatives as the business dictates
- 5+ years of Linux (RedHat, Centos and/or Debian) architecture, deployment, administration, networking, performance monitoring/tuning, security hardening, troubleshooting and production operations.
- Strong knowledge of standard Linux and network protocols, such as SMTP, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, NFS, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP and others.
- Strong system configuration experience (PXEboot, Kickstart, Puppet).
- Perl and Shell Scripting, with experience implementing automation and monitoring using shell scripting and other related tools
- System monitoring experience (SNMP, Nagios, Cacti, Zabbix, Dell Open Manage, etc.)
- Strong Linux/Unix networking knowledge required.
- SAN experience with NetApp, IBM, and EMC.
- Backup experience. BakBone Netvault preferred.
- VmWare Infrastructure experience.
- Experience with SVN and issue tracking software like JIRA.
- 5+ years experience in network and system administration.
- Active or near completion of RHCT, RHCE, CCNA, or similar IT certification a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Must be able to thoroughly document implementations, modifications and removals.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, able to multitask, able to work independently as well as a team player.
- Must be willing to work some weekend shifts in support of maintenance and participate in on-call rotation duties. Must have operations experience in 24×7 environments.
- Oracle WebLogic and Oracle Database experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.